I’m often asked for my suggestions on a variety of topics surrounding pitching, coaching, scouting and baseball in general. The following list is meant to help scale those answers in a broader way.
- Baseball 7 on 7 – The official site for the 7 On 7 baseball league
- International Baseball Partners – IBP is the flagship for developing baseball outside the US
- Baseball Rampage – Baseball gear and equipment.
- Beyond the Box Score – Blog that covers Sabermetrics.
- Bill James Online – Baseball talk for diehards.
- Ballpark Digest – an informative site for stadiums and news
- FansEdge – MLB apparel and merchandise.
- FanGraphs – Baseball stats and analysis.
- MLB Trade Rumors – Baseball trade and free agent news/talk.
The Mental ABC’s of Pitching by H.A. Dorfman
A comprehensive look at the mental game played inside the mind of pitchers. Important advice and structure for pitchers of all ages.
The Complete Book of Pitching by Doug Myers and Mark Gola
An excellent analysis of pitching principles that have stood the test of time. Great quotes by the (best) pitchers of all time.
The Art and Science of Pitching by Tom House, Gary Heil, and Steve Johnson
A scientific approach to bio-mechanic analysis including training and diet suggestions.
The American Diamond by Branch Rickey and Robert Riger
A personal testament to our nation’s favorite pastime. Rickey takes the reader deep into the bowels of baseball from its beginning and shares a wonderful tapestry with spiritual effect.
Nolan Ryan’s Pitching Bible by Nolan Ryan and Tom House
Great insight and advice from one of baseball’s true pitching immortals. Ryan’s formula for workload and conditioning is worth the price alone.
Modern Baseball Strategy by Paul Richards
“The Wizard of Waxahachie” was one of baseball’s most innovative personalities. He is credited with building the Baltimore Orioles of the 1960’s and the “Go-Go” Chicago White Sox of the 1950’s. As old school as it gets.
The Science of Hitting by Ted Williams and John Underwood
Classic guide to hitting by the best hitter in baseball history. Ted will speak to you directly about the keys to unlocking the mystery of hitting.
Dollar Sign On The Muscle by Kevin Kerrane
A look into the world of baseball scouting. Kerrane dissects some of the men who never received true credit for changing the game into what it is today.